For a complete schedule of sessions click here.
Edcamp is BYOD- Bring you own Device
Bring a laptop, tablet, phone, or yes even paper and pencil what you feel most comfortable using
Edcampsemo is BYOS- Build Your Own Schedule
Attendees build the schedule the morning of the event. There are no paid speakers or expensive vendors just YOUR great ideas. I mean who knows more about education than educators? Your are the facilitator of the sessions. So, what would you like to learn about or show someone else? These are just sessions which came up at other edcamps and are for reference only just to get your creative juices flowing.
- You have 1:1 and would like to share what worked or didn’t?
- You are going 1:1 and would like to know what devices worked best
- Twitter for professional development
- Google Docs or Forms in the classroom
- Chromebooks, iPads, Androids oh MY!!!!
- How does AP fit with technology
- Skype in the classroom
- What is your favorite app?
- What if we could build our own school
- Infrastructure needs of 1:1
- Student help desk
Wireless Access available for all users
Twitter hash of #edcampsemo you will see people from all over the country commenting on the ideas going on at #edcampsemo
15 Days until Learning Goes Viral
WOW! Edcampsemo is approaching fast and we are getting very excited. We have secured lunch for everyone and have finalized our agenda. If you want to know more about what to expect look here.
Agenda for Edcamp SEMO
8:30 – 9:00 Registration / Session Scheduling/Donuts Coffee provided
9:00 – 9:20 – Opening comments / announcements
9:30 – 10:30 – Session 1
10:45 – 11:45 – Session 2
11:45 – 12:45 – Lunch- Pizza and desert provided — Sucks/Rocks during lunch
1:00 – 1:45 – Session 3
2:00 – 2:45- Session 4
2:45- 3:00 – Door prizes
Auburn Place Hotel has 15 rooms reserved for Friday, March 1 at the rate of $80. If you would like the discounted rate please call 1-800-331-0445 and mention Edcamp Semo when placing your reservation. Rooms will only be available until February 15 so please call early.
So what exactly is an Edcamp?
The great thing about an Edcamp is attendees drive the conversation and discussions. Our Edcamp is designed around 1:1 technology in schools. It is very informal and you should be warned there is no telling how much you can learn. It is also FREE to attend.
- Check-in, collect any Edcamp swag, have a coffee and donuts (actual heart of the edcamp), and then begin.
- During the first part of the day attendees build sessions around ideas they want to discuss or learn more about. These are posted on the “Wall of Ideas”
- Once the program is set and a schedule created we kickoff the conference and turn you loose to learn.
- Attendees are encouraged to Vote with your Feet. If a meeting doesn’t meet your needs change to a different one. Talk to people, feel free to start side conversations and learn from anyone.
So bring your desire to learn, your note taking device of choice, and see how much you learn by sharing.
What does a session look like?
They vary according to attendees. Think of several round table discussions where you are actively involved in the session not sitting and listening to someone else.